In honor of the upcoming Home Show season we thought it might be interesting to talk about Home Shows. We usually participates in 3 Home Shows per year: in January we offer a booth at the Puyallup Home Show and the Tacoma Home & Garden Show; and in March we offer a booth at the Tacoma Remodeling Expo.
Prepare yourself before heading out to a Home Show
The Home Show offers the opportunity to further research products and materials that you may be interested in incorporating in your home. It also gives you the chance to meet face to face and set up appointments for bids with contractors. Here are some things to bring to the home show to share with potential contractors:
- - Set a budget for your home remodeling or new home construction project
- - A list of your wants and needs
- - A list of any challenges that we might encounter
- - Gather plans and specifications (of both existing structure and desired finished product)
- - Gather pictures and magazine clippings of ideas and products that you may be interested in
- - Grab your schedule book
Common questions we hear at Home Shows
Q: How much will it cost per square foot?
A: We estimate each project based on plans and specifications and product selections. The price per square foot can vary tremendously from one project to the next.
Q: What areas do you work in?
A: We serve South King County, all of Pierce County and North Thurston County. Our service area is limited due to the expense of travel time. We want to be cost effective for the homeowner.
Q: How long have you been in business?
A: We started out in 1989 as Sweatman Construction Services. We incorporated and changed our name in 1995. That adds up to over 25-years of experience.